Since taking office, I’ve worked hard to make sure that Ramsey County operates in a transparent, efficient, and cost-effective manner. We have restructured county government to best serve all our residents, and we’re in the process of reviewing many of the County systems.
I’m proud of what I have accomplished on the County Board during my first term.
Just to name a few:
- We have refinanced some of our debt, saving the taxpayers over $2 million.
- We’ve continued our positive employment growth,
- We’ve earned a AAA bond rating, the highest rating a county can achieve for fiscal management, every year since 2001
- We’ve expanded child protection services, to keep our children safe
- We’ve worked with our communities on creative solutions for road projects to make them safer for everyone – including bikers and walkers.
- We’ve expanded recycling opportunities for businesses and communities
- We’ve improved contracting opportunities for local and small businesses
- And we’ve worked to enhance our local libraries and increase hours
Ramsey County is my home and I care deeply about the financial, environmental and social issues that impact our lives here.
I want to continue working to ensure that we have the level and quality of services we all need to raise our families, run our businesses, and enjoy our beautiful parks.
Specifically, in my next term, I plan on:
- working to encourage development that will bring jobs and strengthen our local economy.
- advocating at the State Legislature for funding for mandated services – to keep the financial burden from being shifted to our property taxes.
- working to make county information more accessible to the public.
- pushing to prioritize the Continuum of Care in our community, from early childhood to our seniors and especially with regard to mental health and early intervention.